Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Reflections On Week 1

No there are not any factors that will affect my participation in this class. I recently had to get internet for this class, but it was fine with me. My mom was a little upset, but I like having the internet. We always had a computer just no internet, so I was excited that she had no choice than to get it for me because I need it for this class. I do have a smart phone so if I need it I have one. I don't really understand why we would need it for class, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. So all in all I don't have anything that will affect my participation in this class. 

The best ever learning experience I had was when I was in choir and we went to Disney Land! I know it doesn't sound very educational, but it was. We got to go backstage and they taught us how Disney movies and cartoons were made. We also learned about the recording process of music. We got to use everyday objects as instruments and record the sound and then they matched our music up with a scene from a Disney movie. It was really cool! I was in seventh grade and it was in Junior High so my sister was in eighth grade, so I got to experience it with her. I was fascinated with everything because that is along the lines of what I want to do when I grow up and what I want to go to college for. It was an amazing learning experience and it made me look forward to my future because I got to see how fun it is going to be. 

In this class I am most excited about the books we get to read. It sounds kind of nerdy, but it's true. I really liked the books we got to read in honors English 1, so I hope the ones in this class are just as interesting. The books we read will make a practical difference in my life because I get to say that I read a book that was a classic. For example I now get to say that I read the novel To Kill a Mockingbird. So that is what I am most excited about. A thing that I am concerned about is presentations. I am typically shy, so I get really nervous just talking to people let alone in front of them. I try to stay calm, but the longer I am in front of the class I start to shake really bad. My voice doesn't just shake my whole body does. I don't really know why. I think I start to get scared maybe because I shake when I'm scared. I was always told that I would get used to talking in front of the class the more I did it, but that's a lie. I haven't gotten used to it. So this is the only thing that I am most concerned about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment