Thursday, November 6, 2014

Into Antigone


I’m not sure that I would do what Antigone did in this situation. I mean I would love to give my brother what he deserves, but I wouldn’t even think of the idea of burying him myself. I would secretly have something in his honor. Like in the memory of him, but not physically bury him. I’m not sure if that would be considered against the law, but if it was I would do it anyway. Especially if he was my favorite brother I guess. My ceremony in his honor would be me with maybe some candles and I would say a prayer for him. I am not sure if that would be enough considering the gods say that you have to be buried in order to move on to the afterlife. I wouldn’t do anything that would put my life at risk though because I am sure that he wouldn’t want me to die for him. Also, I doubt they would bury me, so I wouldn’t be able to move on to the afterlife either. Basically in an effort to bury my brother I would be killed and spend eternity wondering the earth because I can’t go to the afterlife. This would all be pointless because after finding out that I buried my brother the king would most likely have him unburied. Which is why I would just stick to a little ceremony in his honor all by myself if my sister is even too scared to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment